Friday, July 11, 2014

wig review much awaited 1


frillystrawberries:



Note: Sorry for such a long wait guys! But here it is finally! I apologize for the not so great quality in advance since I was never able to get my cousins camera so I had to shoot everything with my iPhone. 



image




Link: Picture Perfect by Forever Young  
Price: $38.95 



Let me start off by saying you can order Forever Young wigs on several websites. I happened to pick http://www.wigs-us.com/ because the price was slightly lower than other websites. 



I would give their service 5/5. They responded very quickly, gave me a list of everything I ordered, and made sure everything arrived on time. The wigs were at my door in just a few days. It did not bring anything extra as I know some wig stores throw in a free wig cap with the purchase of any of their wigs. However, I did get free shipping if my cart went over $50.00 (which it did for those of you who are wondering) I believe shipping would have ranged around 8 bucks so it was nice to save that. 



Now onto the real review! 



I don’t remember exactly what color I ordered it in, but the color is a nice rich brown. Not all that light, but definitely nothing dark.



Also here are the specs:



Type:Synthetic
Fiber:100% Kanekalon
Cap Size:Average,
adjustableCrown:14.25”
Sides & Back:18-20”
Weight:12.00 oz (approx.)



image




Here is a slightly closer look at the wig. As you can tell it is a lovely brown. I liked the color very much, but against my skin tone not so much. It would definitely look great against anyone with lighter skin! The wig arrived incredibly shiny, which was an absolute huge turn off for me, BUT, DO NOT WORRY WIG LOVERS!! Just like every other wig, within time and use the shine will definitely decrease and will actually look completely natural in nearly every setting.



(In the sunlight not so much considering the shine is a little overbearing when standing side by side with someone with human hair)



Also, if you’re a little impatient like myself, baby powder or cornstarch can prove to be just as great. Just dab a little all over the wig evenly, make sure to spread in your hands first and work it in. You will know when you put too much when your wig just looks dusty. 



image




Here is the skin part. I like it very much and adds a hint of realism. I had a friend who actually freaked out a little bit at that, haha!



image




The inside has lace detailing and is very comfortable. Sizing is adjustable.



image


image


image




I like that they have proof that it was indeed made by Forever Young. It’s reassuring as a buyer that you’re not getting something completely different that looks alike under someone else’s name.



image




Now the fun part, how it looks on!



image




The length is great. Nothing too long and no where near short.



image


image




Now for the last bit: 



softness: 4/5



It feels very nice between hands, but I have definitely felt some finer wigs. So compared to others this would land on the slightly rougher part of the spectrum. It is still fun to twirl between your fingertips and such though. One thing I would also like to point out is the tangles. I use this wig so many times and it barely tangles and when it does it is incredibly easy to take out unlike many other wigs I have encountered. *thinks back to that time with displeased face* So I loved that I do not have to deal with that hassle on this wig AT ALL.



color: 5/5



Although the color system is a little difficult as they don’t have the best photo’s to show off the color, I was very happy with the color I chose. It may not look 100% flattering against my skin tone, but like I mentioned before, the color is beautiful in itself.



accuracy: 5/5



Exactly like the picture, if not better.



thickness: 5/5 



The thickness is great! It offers much full coverage. There is no area where it feels there is less hair than another area. I love thick wigs that don’t add too much weight onto your head. This was definitely a plus!



Last notes: I was very happy with my purchase and I will definitely be buying more wigs from them in the near future. I use this wig and another specifically from their line nearly every day for school. Rarely anyone suspects a thing and I have gotten countless numbers of compliments on these wigs. I would highly recommend these wigs to anyone willing to spend a little more than usual on a wig. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!! 



Overall rating: 5/5






Whoa, this is a VERY thorough review, and the pictures are fantastic! Thanks a lot for taking the time to do this :) And there’s another website for you to buy wigs from, and they’re trusted :D -T


No comments:

Post a Comment