Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Stephanie’s Mattifying (and Dewifying!) Compact





The perfect skin finish is such a balancing act. Ultimately, I want certain parts of my face to radiate light and look all dewy, like I just finished a slightly strenuous but not too sweaty yoga class. Others, I need to be so flat and unreflective that it appears that I don’t have oil glands. So far, my attempts to achieve this split facial personality have involved an elaborate layering routine of highlighting products and shine-reducing potions, as well as a never-ending parade of blotting papers throughout the day.



But MAKE cosmetics kind of solved everything with its Custom Finish Effects Matte Dew compact. The concept is simple enough, on one side you have your mattifying gel, the other a moisturizing balm. But the idea of having everything you need in one portable little case is genius. And it works. I swipe a little of the oil combatant over my T-zone and finish off with the dewy stuff along my cheek and brow bones.



The only real downer here is that you’re meant to apply this with your fingers, which means you have to should wash your hands for every touch-up throughout the day. On the upside, MAKE is sold on We See Beauty, a progressive marketplace that passes along a third of online sales to its eponymous non-profit organization, which, according to the website, is “dedicated to incubate and accelerate women-led, worker-owned cooperatives.” In light of that, my touch-up woes kind of seem dumb, huh?



MAKE Custom Finish Effects Matte Dew Compact, $27, available at We See Beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment