Friday, November 23, 2012

Yoko Ono Teams Up With Opening Ceremony to Realize 1969 Fashion Sketches



As a present for their 1969 wedding, Yoko Ono gave John Lennon a stack of sketches called "Fashions for Men." It was, I kid you not, inspired by his "sexy bod." Yes, that's a quote! Say what you want about Yoko*, but NO WONDER Lennon was so crazy about her: she liked him a lot and clearly she knew how to show it. I have never complimented a man on his sexy bod, but I'm so on it.



“I was inspired to create ‘Fashions for Men’ amazed at how my man was looking so great. I felt it was a pity if we could not make clothes emphasizing his very sexy bod,” she told WWD, on the occasion of her Opening Ceremony collaboration announcement. The hipster retailer is bringing Yoko's quirky, conceptual sketches to real life with a collection that launches next week, on November 30. The range will include 52 pieces (Yoko's lucky number) which range in price from $70 for a hoodie to $750 for a pair of boots that doubles as an incense holder (I know: !!!!!).



A compilation of Yoko's "Fashion for Men" sketches will be available in softcover for $35. Opening Ceremony will also print posters and sell those, too. It's like a Yoko Ono Christmas miracle. I'm not in the habit of expressing sincere enthusiasm for fashion things, but this may be the most appealing fashion-with-a-capital-F thing I've ever ... errr, beheld. I think Yoko should design all clothes.








Images via Style, WWD






*Actually, no: stop saying terrible things about her. You don't even know her and she's legit a talented artist and it's weird and seems kind of sexist.


No comments:

Post a Comment