Thursday, September 20, 2012

Kris Allen Splits With RCA Records, Tells Fans “I Will Never Stop”

Kris Allen Stops by The Grove for



After winning American Idol, one would hope that Kris Allen‘s security with his label would be pretty much guaranteed. Alas, THR reports that the Idol‘s Season 8 champion has parted ways with RCA Records. Though his 2009 self-titled debut charted at #11 and spawned the single “Live Like We’re Dying,” Allen’s May 2012 sophomore LP Thank You Camellia underperformed, which likely factored into the separation with the label.



It’s a bummer for Allen’s fan base - although, since he signed with new management earlier this month, it’s probable that he’ll be on his way to a new deal before too long. Click below the jump to read Allen’s statement to his fans regarding the split.


kris allen keeps it cool and casual

10 Photos »

In a statement, Kris explained to his fans:



I wanted to let everyone know that RCA and I have decided to split ways. I thank them so much for everything that they did for me. There are so many people there that contributed to my becoming the artist that I am and I will miss them all. In saying that, I am really excited about what is ahead. The path has never been clearer to me. I love what I do and I will never stop. So, to my amazing fans, thank you so much for everything so far but things are only gonna get more fun. I promise.”



Are you surprised to hear about this upset in Kris’ career? Let us know below, or by hitting us up on Facebook and Twitter!


No comments:

Post a Comment