Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sac du jour



Colour coordinating with the TIFF red carpet? Guilty as charged, but we’re also adding healthy dose of shine for one envy of a glam pack. $120 from SPARKS by Jeanne Lottie at Capezio Shoes



This week our fair city rolls out the carpet for the launch of the Toronto International Film Festival and its warm welcome of a sizzling list of celebs who have packed their shiniest shoes and are ready to walk the red.



Today’s Sac du jour is a glitzy crown-closured clutch from SPARKS by Jeanne Lottie, and at $120 Capezio Shoes, it’s a fun go-to number that will sing in spring as easily as during the New Year’s eve countdown.



But more than that, today’s Sac feature is an homage of sorts to the glam factor of the red carpet. As a gal who will readily walk the extra mile to sashay on those plush vermilion fibres, I’ll have you know that if the opportunity to walk a red one comes along, you’ll feel that gravitational pull.



It’s not so much that I am a diva inside and hide in my sweatsido all day waiting to get invited to fancy events to burst out my true fabulous self- but more like I delight in the significantly improved walking experience of a long stretch of regally red carpet guiding me to the entrance, like a cocktail before appetizers. Do I feel like a celeb? Do I feel the wind in my hair? Sometimes.




Here I am loving the red carpet at LG Fashion Week a few seasons ago. Photo credit by the equally red carpet-loving Jordana



I assure you the power of red carpeting is universal and I hope your turn comes this week at TIFF. Happy festival my friends.



Image courtesy of Capezio Shoes. And in case you were wondering, it costs this much to send a celebrity down a red carpet.



No comments:

Post a Comment