Friday, March 29, 2013

Weekend Inspiration (plus some)


Photo of the Washington Monument via
Hi H&H readers,

I wanted to interrupt our regular programming for a little announcement....

I am moving to Washington DC. On Monday.
While trying to decide how to share this piece of news, I felt very conflicted. See, I think there's a time and place to lay it all out, and that time and place is not on a fashion blog. In fact, I was so unsure about how to relay this piece of news I wasn't even sure I wanted to share it on here at all. But that didn't seem fair, nor did it seem completely honest. Like we have said before, there's a strong tendency in the blogging world to just edit out the ugly. And to me, my recent gypsy-lifestyle feels pretty ugly. I think with all that editing though, we can't help but cut out some of the greatest part of blogging and that is that, behind the Facebook likes, and number of comments on each post, there's a person sitting at a computer who happens to be a human (I know, insightful). When we censor out the less flattering information, we lose a full sense of who the person is -- both good and bad. And my move, despite being nerve-wracking and somewhat uncertain, is really, really good. I didn't want to leave that out.
So, with all that on the table, I leave you with our [rather relevant] WI:
"In the end, I've come to believe in something I call "The Physics of the Quest." A force in nature governed by laws as real as the laws of gravity. The rule of Quest Physics goes something like this: If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, and set out on a truth-seeking journey, either externally or internally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you." -Liz Gilbert
xx,
Mon (and Michaela too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment